Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Blinded By The Light

Whoooooooo. Just made it home from Columbus where I caught Motley Crue at the Schott. Driving up there was no problem. Although I had to park a mile from the arena. I'm not used to early show times. I'll leave earlier next time. The Crue put on a decent show, not the best I've seen, but it had a few things to be desired.


My beefs :

1. Vince cannot sing all the lyrics to any song. This got annoying after the fourth song.
2. They take a ten minute intermission after 7 or 8 songs in. Which wouldn't have been bad if they'd turned up the house lights so people could see to go buy beer, pee, etc.
3. Tommy's drum solo. It's a rock show, dude. Quit pushing that hip-hop crap at us.
4. Nikki, making everyone flip the bird is really lame.
5. Mick, actually, I've got no complaints about Mick. Although the guy looks like he's 70, and I'm being generous.


So did I like anything about the show, you ask? Sure I did.

1. The band overall. They sounded great. Mick was in classic form tonight.
2. The acrobatic chicks. They totally amazed me. Highlight of the night.
3. Vince's voice was kinda shaky at the start, but for the most part, he sounded good.
4. All the pyro. Hey, I'm a guy. Guys love pyro.

I really could've rated this show higher, but I've seen them back in the day, ('87 Girls Girls Girls Tour) so there's bound to be some disappointment there. I mean, they're not getting any younger. Go see them for nostalgas sake, just don't expect to see Vince running around the stage, or running five feet, even.


Then I got to experience white-knuckle driving at it's best tonight on the way home. There was a chance of snow flurries tonight, no biggie. But when it's coming down so fast you can't see two feet in front of you, and the roadway is covered, that's not flurries dammit. If there hadn't been a semi in front of me, I probably would be in a ditch somewhere. The only thing I could do was follow his tailights. And so I did at 20 miles an hour for about 20 miles.


But I made it home. I'm safe. And now I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home